When trying to decide which type of roof you want for your home, the seemingly infinite list of options can be quite intimidating. Especially when you’re not fully informed of the advantages and disadvantages to each of the types of roofing materials. Fortunately, your roofing experts here at TSpark Enterprises know the ins and outs of roofing and will be here with you right by your side to guide you through the process.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of Metal Roofs. These roof types are becoming more popular for residential use.
Metal Roofing Systems
Metal roofs are quite versatile and can be composed of zinc, aluminum, copper, or galvanized steel.
- They are incredibly durable and can withstand conditions of wind storms, snow, and rain.
- Resistant to mildew, fire, insect infestation, and rot
- Extremely lightweight
- They can be applied directly atop another material
- Easy installation
- Energy-efficient in the long run, as it reflects the sun’s heat and can spare air conditioning costs.
- It’s expensive compared to alternatives (however, because of its longevity, it can save money in the long run when it comes to maintenance and replacement)
- It’s noise-sensitive to the impact of rain, producing a drumming effect that could be a nuisance to some
- Unsafe for walking on during wet weather
- It can dent easily
There you have it. The pros and cons of metal roofs. If you have any additional questions about roofing materials and which one is best for your home, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’d be more than happy to help you with your roofing venture.
TSpark Enterprises, headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida offers a wide range of roofing and construction services. Visit our website or call (850) 766-1340 to get a free estimate and embark on your construction journey today!