When trying to decide which type of roof you want for your home, the seemingly infinite list of options can be quite intimidating. Especially when you’re not fully informed of the advantages and disadvantages to each of the types of roofing materials. Fortunately, your roofing experts here at TSpark Enterprises know the ins and outs of roofing and will be here with you right by your side to guide you through the process.
First, let’s talk about the pros and cons of Asphalt Shingles, one of the most popular roofing materials across the board for residential use.
This roofing system essentially dominates the residential market. It is often used on steep-slope roofs for homes, townhomes, and condos.
- They allow water to flow off the roof and cycle with ease.
- It is the most affordable option—you get the most value from what you spend
- Easy installation and replacement
- No necessary major preparatory work
- Versatile with colors and textures
- They have curb appeal and can add to property value when reselling
- Can be explicitly made for enhanced fire safety
- Longevity with high-quality shingles
- Can be environmentally friendly and energy-efficient
- You must fixate your attention on the underlayment of the shingles to avoid potential leaks
- If the quality and installation are low, shingles may not last as long as other options
- They can crack in extreme heat or cold
- They should be installed during specifically warmer temperatures, which limits the times available to install
- Can grow algae in particularly moist climates
- Potentially vulnerable to wind uplift
- Not meant for flat roof
TSpark Enterprises, headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida offers a wide range of roofing and construction services. Visit our website or call (850) 766-1340 to get a free estimate and embark on your construction journey today!