Asphalt shingles are just one of the many options that you have for the roof of your home, and just like the others, they come with various pros and cons. Asphalt shingle roofing is by far the most popular and commonly used roofing material used on homes in Tallahassee. Here are the pros and cons of using asphalt shingles for your roof:
- Affordable: The biggest advantage of asphalt shingles is that they are one of the most affordable options. Asphalt shingles can protect your home for between 15 to 15 years if installed properly and depending on the grade of the shingle. It might be short-term, compared to other options, but their affordability makes up for it.
- Easy installation: Although it will take some skill to install them, any professional roofing company in Tallahassee should have the skills to install them. Installing asphalt shingles takes just one or two days, depending on how large the house is and whether the installer will have to get old shingles removed first.
- Cost effective: They might not be as strong or long-lasting as other roofing choices, but there is no denying the protection that these roofs provide. Considering this proper protection and low price, a lot of people find asphalt shingles very cost effective.
- Color and style options: With asphalt shingles, you have fiberglass and organic options. Both of these options come in different styles, and this means that you have a wide array of options to choose from in regards to price, color, and patterns.
- Finicky temperature performance: In extreme heat, these shingles don’t perform well. Heat can cause the shingles to crack, and their color can fade as well. Also, asphalt shingles aren’t the best fit for areas where temperatures fluctuate extremely. As they expand and contract, they crack.
- Selective installation: Installing these shingles at really low temperatures can damage them.
- They’re not eco-friendly: People who are overly concerned about the environment might want to stay away from asphalt shingles. Asphalt is a form of petroleum, and a lot of gas emissions goes into the production of these shingles. There are a lot of other eco-friendly options out there, by contrast.
In summary, asphalt roofs can be relatively quick to install and are your classic, popular options chosen by homeowners in Tallahassee. So, if you’re looking for a roofing company in Tallahassee for your next project, look no further than TSpark Enterprises. You can request a roofing quote online by clicking here or you can call us at (850) 766-1340.